Thursday, January 8, 2009

College update: One semester down, no less than seven to go

I love CU-Boulder.


This whole college experience has, so far, been incredible for me. I'm out on my own, independent. I've met a lot of great people. I will never again have to deal with all the crap that comes with high school. I party enough to keep myself sane, but not so much that it ruins my life. And my first semester classes went remarkably well; I got straight A's, and I didn't have to stress myself to death to do it!


I'm living in a two bedroom apartment with four other guys. I know how awful that must sound; but believe me, it's been fantastic. We all, somehow, get along just fine; I can't think of even one single major argument between any of us so far. And no communal showers!


The city of Boulder is beautiful. It sits in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains - let's just say I don't mind the view every day when I look west! There are pedestrian/bike trails all throughout the city, and mountain biking trails not far up into the canyons that stick out from Boulder into the mountains. I love the people here, too - except the ones who have let living in such a great place get to their heads and turn them into total snobs.


This semester may not be as easy as the last one. My classes will likely be a bit more difficult, and I intend to spend more time working (I have a job at the library). Still, I'm looking forward to it.


Also, I have some good news: One of my classes this semester is Creative Writing. I'm taking it to force myself to write. I intend to post everything I write for the class (and on my own spare time) to the Internet, but I haven't yet decided if I should open a second blog for the creative writing or just post it all here. Regardless, you should expect to see a lot more writing from me in the coming weeks and months.


Well, I'm going to just let this end here, however awkward it is. Peace!

2 comments:

Rainier96 said...

I am sooo happy that you're so happy with college life! I was pretty sure you would be. And Boulder sounds like a great place to live, as well as attend school. I'm also glad you have roommates, instead of living in a single apartment, because I think living with others who're going through school at the same time you are adds a lot to your education -- especially if they have some of the same interests you do. And for introverts like me -- and I suspect you -- it forces us to be more outgoing. :-)

And of course I'm happy to hear you'll be doing creative writing this semester -- very atypical for an engineer! If you don't post on this blog, please share the location of wherever you do post them. I remain your fan!

Have a great semester, and keep growing in every way possible -- although it's hard to improve on a straight A average. :D

Rainier96 said...

PS -- New photo looks great.